Course Length 1:23:32
Posing Dance Style Portraits
Course Includes:7 detailed videos - 1 hour, 23 minutes of video
Membership Includes:350+ courses, downloads, a helpful community, LIVE broadcasts & more.
Posing Dance Style Portraits
This 7 part course is a must-see if you have a passion for dance photography. Sue teaches you how you have to go against what you may have learned for your typical portrait sessions in order to get the perfect dancer portrait. Dancer portraits look best with movement, long chins and necks, and eyes down. This can be very different from your traditional portrait shoots. Sue narrows down each part of the shoot in 7 different topics…
- Dance Style for Non-Dancers- Learn how you can teach your non-dancing clients how to properly pose for a dance portrait. Focus on the bend in the elbows, the shape of the body, the touching of the body and ballet hands and wrists.
- Creating Dancer Style Shapes- Sue shows you how to flow through some poses so your client’s body will create a beautiful, dancer type stance.
- Posing with Tulle- In this segment, you will see how you can save some money by getting creative and making some of your own wardrobe pieces. You will also learn about how to structure the tulle to get a nice soft, romantic look. Remember… less can be more when it comes to tulle!
- Dancer Flow Posing- Watch as Sue’s assistant helps her produce the most breathtaking shots by producing a beautiful flow with the tulle and a fan.
- Backlit Dancer- Sue shows you how you might have to break some of the lighting rules for a typical portrait shoot in order to get a beautiful dance portrait. She uses a window behind her backdrop for lighting and describes how she changes her ISO to get the look she’s after.
- Black Dress Contrast- Katie does a wardrobe change to show the difference in contrast with a black dress.
- Movement with Standing Poses- Create stunning movement in your dancer portraits by watching Sue as she poses Katie in various standing positions while producing beautiful movement.
After watching this course, you will gain more confidence in posing dance style portraits. Remember, confidence is key when it comes to photography!
For more posing tips, watch our Flow Posing-Woman course next!
Invest in Yourself
Choose a plan that’s right for you.
Full Library & Digital Downloads
12 Month Startup
Unlimited use of the Pricing Calculator
Early Access to TPM Conference Tickets
Free Ticket to WPPI 2023 on Yearly Plan
New Live Videos
Access to Private, Members-Only Facebook Group
Partner, Portrait Masters & Portrait Masters Awards Discounts
Studio Startup Tracker
Ability to Achieve Gold & Platinum Rewards
$3,000 Value: SAVE $2,600!$399/year $45/month
Everything in Professional
First Access to TPM Conference Tickets
$50 TPM Store Credit
3 Free Portrait Masters Awards Submissions Per Round
Sue Bryce’s The POSE Series
First Access to Events and New Features
Sue’s Listening Library
$4,500 Value: SAVE $3,800!$699/year
100% Secure Checkout | Payment Options
What Our Members Are Saying
Sue is not just a mentor, in the area of photography; she's a life coach in the area of living. Simply put, Sue Bryce Education, was the best investment I have made into myself, and my business, since it began! David Lee
Sue Bryce Education allowed me to grow from hobbyist with a borrowed camera and a dream, to professional portrait photographer with a six-figure business. There is no way I would be here without her education. Cat Ford-Coates
Sue Bryce Education has given me ALL of the tools needed to take me from a "shoot and burn" photographer making less then $200 a session to a portrait photographer with a studio and over a $1200 average and growing in less than 4 months. Ashley Lindsey
Sue Bryce Education has been the single-most impactful thing I've incorporated into growing my business, and in many ways, my life! Andrew Knowles
Building a successful and sustainable photography business is no secret anymore. Sue Bryce Education provides you with every tool you need to master your craft, how to market and sell and overall how to become the best version of yourself. You just have to do the work! Ursula Schmitz
By far the best investment you will ever make for your business and for yourself. I will never let my subscription lapse. Never. Liz Wikstrom Barlak
In my photography journey, I have tried many educational platforms, but none felt as comprehensive as Sue Bryce Education. Without a doubt, if not for Sue and her teachings, I would not be seeing the level of business success that I am seeing today. Neon Howe