Course Length 58:28
The Black Sash
Course Includes:2 detailed videos - 58:28 of video
Membership Includes:350+ courses, downloads, a helpful community, LIVE broadcasts & more.
The Black Sash
With just $15, you can create a brilliant, beautiful, and boundless black sash that adds dozens of styles of dresses to your wardrobe. In this course, you will learn how to wrap this simple sash into various ways that will look good on every client’s body. Tune in to see what styles look the best on each body type, and how to create couture looking gowns. The black sash is the perfect addition to your essentials so you’re prepared for anything while folio building. Sue shows you how to be empowered by creating something out of nothing. She also shares her story of how this black sash changed her studio forever.
- Back in Sue’s garage studio in New Zealand, one of her clients showed up for her shoot with nothing to wear. At that time, Sue had no studio wardrobe. What she did have was a black sash. She used the sash to create dresses for her client- as you see in this video.
- Make sure the fabric has a soft, satin feel to it.
- This fabric does not need to be expensive. What you see in this video was $4.99 per yard and she uses 3 yards.
- Sue bought an inexpensive sewing machine. Proof that you don’t need anything over the top!
- Sew this similarly to how you would a pillowcase (watch the first video for more details).
- One thing to have in your studio for the “black sash” outfit is a long black tube/pencil skirt in different sizes. You can buy them at cheap clothing stores in the mall or on Amazon for around $12.00. This creates the bottom part of the outfit.
- Drape and play with the fabric around your client depending on her body type.
- A thin piece of the fabric works great to taper in the waist almost as a belt.
- There are so many necklines you can do with this! Watch the video for multiple variations.
- Black Satin Fabric
- Black Tube Dress
Invest in Yourself
Choose a plan that’s right for you.
Full Library & Digital Downloads
12 Month Startup
Unlimited use of the Pricing Calculator
Early Access to TPM Conference Tickets
Free Ticket to WPPI 2023 on Yearly Plan
New Live Videos
Access to Private, Members-Only Facebook Group
Partner, Portrait Masters & Portrait Masters Awards Discounts
Studio Startup Tracker
Ability to Achieve Gold & Platinum Rewards
$3,000 Value: SAVE $2,600!$399/year $45/month
Everything in Professional
First Access to TPM Conference Tickets
$50 TPM Store Credit
3 Free Portrait Masters Awards Submissions Per Round
Sue Bryce’s The POSE Series
First Access to Events and New Features
Sue’s Listening Library
$4,500 Value: SAVE $3,800!$699/year
100% Secure Checkout | Payment Options
What Our Members Are Saying
Sue is not just a mentor, in the area of photography; she's a life coach in the area of living. Simply put, Sue Bryce Education, was the best investment I have made into myself, and my business, since it began! David Lee
Sue Bryce Education allowed me to grow from hobbyist with a borrowed camera and a dream, to professional portrait photographer with a six-figure business. There is no way I would be here without her education. Cat Ford-Coates
Sue Bryce Education has given me ALL of the tools needed to take me from a "shoot and burn" photographer making less then $200 a session to a portrait photographer with a studio and over a $1200 average and growing in less than 4 months. Ashley Lindsey
Sue Bryce Education has been the single-most impactful thing I've incorporated into growing my business, and in many ways, my life! Andrew Knowles
Building a successful and sustainable photography business is no secret anymore. Sue Bryce Education provides you with every tool you need to master your craft, how to market and sell and overall how to become the best version of yourself. You just have to do the work! Ursula Schmitz
By far the best investment you will ever make for your business and for yourself. I will never let my subscription lapse. Never. Liz Wikstrom Barlak
In my photography journey, I have tried many educational platforms, but none felt as comprehensive as Sue Bryce Education. Without a doubt, if not for Sue and her teachings, I would not be seeing the level of business success that I am seeing today. Neon Howe